Thursday 18 April 2013

Day 31/32 - Back on track

So I figured out what day into this process where at and it's a little scary. Although Mike and I feel we're on track everything is going to be happening quickly in the next few weeks to meet our deadline.

Before....
Yesterday was a decent day and after spending the morning inside working I decided to get into the garden. Rolling up my sleeves I staked out the expansion, edged it all, then broke out the tiller to work it all up. Apparently small tillers do not like landscape material, extension chords, or large hidden roots. My knife was my best friend (obviously not for the extension chord, which survived with a little electrical tape). The bed is expanded, the raised bed frames are in place, and I have the plan for what is going where. I'm still waiting for my dirt....





Aerial view of the garden from the front deck.
After.

















As soon as the snow melted these beauties started coming up!



The patch of garlic has been growing for a while now. It was planted in November.


Today however, was a miserable day of rain and thunderstorms. Yesterday we picked up the HardiBoard that will be used as a backing for the sign. We cut that down to size last night when Mike got home from work and this morning I primed them. It would have been fine except that damn paint roller wouldn't stay on the handle... cursed thing... now I understand why Mike was hollering a couple nights ago downstairs. This afternoon I've been in front of the computer working on the rack cards and generally just getting things in order.




Concrete dust... yum.







The HardiBoard... ready for priming.

Our trusted supervisory staff.... on break.
In a couple weeks the new signage will be up!
With all the work we've been doing we still have a ways to go. Mike's home... time to get back at it!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment