Monday 18 February 2013

Gallery Hittite Valentines Group Show 2013



On Saturday I attended the opening of the Valentines Group show at Gallery Hittite.  (107 Scollard St. in Yorkville, Toronto)  Despite the howling winds and pelts of snow in the cold February night the attendance was very good.   I had many friends arrive to visit the show.  Although Kelly was not able to join me that evening, her sister Kristina was there with a couple friends to close the night.  I am sorry that the winter weather prevented many from visiting the gallery that night however, the show runs until the 9th of March.

My Northern Lights painting was met with repeated praise as to  the effects of the light shining from the stars, borealis in the night sky and most importantly the ever shining beacon atop the lighthouse.
Early in the evening we were able to get a group photo of the attending artists.


I was overwhelmed with the interest in my alabaster sculpture of Daphne.  I was acclaimed to be a master of mallet and chisel.  I am still on the journey to mastery but I enjoyed the praise. 
 People were intrigued by the skill and patience that had been involved in the creation of "Daphne"


However, my piece rocked!
To stand alone among my peers was the joy of the evening.  I look forward to my next show in Grand Bend, Ontario.  "Paint Ontario" will be opening at the Lambton Heritage museum in Grand bend on March 8th.  The artists and collectors vernissage will be held from 6 to 9 pm on friday the 8th of March




No comments:

Post a Comment