Wednesday 20 February 2013

I often wonder as I apply each brushstroke how my work will be received by my contemporary audience and the future generations.  Each time I mix a colour and apply the bristles to the canvas or panel I go through a thought process.  Some times they are good thoughts, sometimes they are about life in general, sometimes about finance, but mostly they are about the image in front of me.  I wonder how the strokes will be received.  Will I receive the recognition from my contemporaries?  Will I be told that it is very good?  Will some collector tell me they are interested in my work, yet never buy? Will my art be placed in a museum or mentioned in some periodical?  Will it all join me in my mausoleum?  Or will it be left for my family that I have not had yet?

Each time i put my brush to a pallet I consider the contrast, the light, the combination of a million hues expressed in the limited pigments at my disposal.  I think about the joy that is the art.  I think about my life in a studio made of canvas and I smile.  If only you could know the passion and love for my work you would never want to know the timeless doubt and angst that is the life of an artist.  But yet the art is revealed and you may enjoy without the artists desperate sorrows over finances and deadline.  I simply want you to enjoy the strokes I create.

No comments:

Post a Comment