Saturday 6 April 2013

Day 17 - Progress interrupted by....

SNOW!

Seriously... a decent day of mostly sun... We went down to Timbermart and bought the lumber for the raised beds. Awesome. I can't wait to build the beds (hopefully tomorrow) and get things rolling. We even got the materials for hoop houses on two of the beds so I'm hoping to get some greens started before the typical growing season. With the amount of vegetables we're getting from the store it will be so great to be harvesting everything from our own yard again.

Tobermory is starting to buzz... business owners are coming back to town to set up, shops are opening, and the steady hum of traffic along the highway out front is starting back up. All the signs of summer approaching. We worked hard this afternoon erecting the new posts for the new sign.

Then it got chilly... very chilly... then the dreaded white stuff started falling from the sky. I tried denial. I tried closing my eyes. But no... it really is snowing again. Will summer never come?

I hope for a nicer day tomorrow so we can finish the frame for the sign and get the raised beds built.


Cross your fingers for us!




It's still snowing as I write this... and it's accumulating. I'm glad it's Mike that will man the BBQ!!!


~Kelly











No comments:

Post a Comment