Thursday 14 March 2013

In the studio

This past week has not been as productive as I had hoped.  I have had unbelievable back pain for more than two weeks.  So much so that I have had to spend the past few days painting from a chair.  That may not sound bad but for me painting is like a dance that requires the full body and soul, channeled through the wrist and brush. I dance from side to side and entice the surface as it seduces me into a consumation of colour on canvas.  Without the dance my emotion is withdrawn and so to my productivity.  The pain in my back often presents itself when I do the dance. The pain itself stems from an injury 22 years old. 
However I paint on because this is what I was meant to do through prosperity or poverty.  My life is to create.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you today! Hope your back is feeling better.... Thanks for the location tips and stay tuned for photos!

    ReplyDelete